Home staging in Marbella: showing your home at its best
When selling your home in Marbella and the Costa del Sol you are also selling a lifestyle in the sun. It follows that your property must also sell that dream; what’s more, it must impress so much that it stands out from other comparable properties on the market.
Home staging is a highly effective sales technique that presents properties in a way that appeals to the broadest possible spectrum of potential buyers. Essentially, buyers need to imagine actually living in your home without being distracted by your personal style.
Forbes magazine comments: “Staging can save you from a costly price reduction.” What’s more, a staged home will sell for more on average than a non-staged home, and 95% of staged homes sell faster as well.”
If you don’t want to employ a home stager, there are several things you can do to help give your property that all-important wow factor:
- Make repairs – Mend door handles, replace light bulbs, fill holes in walls, change cracked tiles and thoroughly clean the home so that there is no excuse to bring down the property price due to poor upkeep. Most buyers, particularly holiday home seekers, will want to spend their time relaxing in the sunshine, not doing DIY.
- De-clutter – Tidy and clear up, putting very personal items away and making the beds. Most buyers will not bother trying to visualise themselves living in your property if they can’t see past the clutter.
- Neutralise colours – Covering strong colours with a fresh lick of neutral paint will make your property appear lighter, bigger and generally more pleasing to buyers.
- Bring in the light – This is a vital part of making your property feel fresh and beautiful. Maximise light by using lighter colours for walls and furnishings, opening curtains and blinds, and switching the lights on in darker rooms.
- Improve the exterior – First impressions count! As visitors approach your property, they form opinions before they even step inside. If necessary, paint the front door, clean the doorstep, brushing away dead leaves and old plant pots. In the garden or terrace, wipe down the garden furniture, cut the lawn and sweep up so that buyers can’t wait to move in.
You’ll find the above really helps your home sell sooner and for a better price!
Lamar Properties Marbella is a specialist company dedicated to finding its clients quality luxury homes. Contact us now for more information about the new build projects and other fine villas and apartments for sale in Marbella.